Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hooray!!

Hooray!!

I turned in my thesis to my committee yesterday.  It turned out to be 210 pages long, all of which is pure gold I'm sure.  I also met with the person in the grad school in charge of theses and she approved the formatting for mine.  So now I'll only have to rewrite stuff, not rewrite and format the whole thing.

My defense is Dec. 1 and now I just have to make my talk and prepare for the defense.  I don't think it will be too hard because I've already made all the figures and I already know what I'm going to say, but I still have to do it.

The most exciting thing that's happened though is that we've figured out how to do a live broadcast.  So, we'll be doing a webcast of my defense live as it's happening.  I'll also probably post a video of the defense onto the blog when it's over.  The webcast comes courtesy of Nora, one of Ethan's grad students.

The defense is happening at 10 am EST (8am mountain, 3pm Greenwich) on Monday Dec. 1.  Tune in right here (video below) for what is sure to be an exciting event.  If the video below isn't working, try going directly to the site here.

5 comments:

Eric said...

When is that AK time?

Anthony said...

6 in the morning....I know someone who'll be watching.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on handing everything in, and getting the formatting past Martha. Sadly I won't be in MA until Dec 5, but I'm excited that I can watch you on the interweb!!

Anonymous said...

omg I'm watching right now and it is AWESOME! Also, I'm glad Ethan made a point to say how kick-ass your work is :)

Eric said...

Nice work, T! Thanks for the shout-out!